Ophthalmology Section Committee

Hello and welcome to the Ophthalmology section of Universal Medicine! We have a dedicated team of writers and editors passionate about sharing new and exciting posts across all Ophthalmic subspecialties. Stay tuned for posts over the coming weeks.

Introducing the committee for the Ophthalmology Section!

Gabriel (Editor and Writer):



retina book somewhere that eyes are the windows to the soul. For doctors, they're also the windows to all kinds of systemic diseases. So they're worth a closer look!

Omar (Editor and Writer):



I've been interested in eyes and ophthalmology since 1st year of medical school. Ophthalmic emergencies and retinal issues are two areas that really catch my eye ;) Expect more stuff related to these topics.

Nada (Editor and Writer):

I have always been passionate about ophthalmology. It is a very versatile specialty and combines academia, research, and clinical practice.

Gagandeep (Editor and Writer):



I became interested in ophthalmology as it is a rapidly advancing specialty, with a range of fascinating sub-disciplines across medicine and surgery. It also provides the opportunity to work with patients across the age spectrum, something that I find truly enjoyable.

Niha (Writer):



I love ophthalmology because the eyes are such an important organ that all clinicians need to know about, especially when conducting examinations to identify systemic diseases.

Amaan (Writer):



For me, ophthalmology is unique in that it’s one of the few fields that combine medicine and surgery together. The eye is an incredibly sophisticated structure, and I find it fascinating that each of us sees the world around us slightly differently.

Shaswath (Writer):



I only became interested in Ophthalmology following my Ophthalmology week on placement during 4th year. I was also able to spend 3 weeks exploring Ophthalmology further, during a student-selected component, and eye loved it!

Riaz (Writer):



My interest in ophthalmology arose during my clinical placements. I regularly used slit-lamps and counseled patients on their diagnosis and medication. It was interesting how crucial the examination and imaging were for a diagnosis. It has a hands-on nature, as surgery is a vital part of its practice. The surgeons work on such a delicate area with such precision, and that too through a microscope! Remarkable.

Safa (Writer):



I am looking forward to getting people interested in ophthalmology. I find ophthalmology a good balance of medicine & surgery. It’s fascinating how you can instantly fix somebody’s vision through glasses or surgery. Most importantly, I love the cornea đź‘€ jokes that come with it

Maiar (Writer):



Ophthalmology is one of the specialties I am interested in. I am hoping to create posts that help those of you explore your passion for this specialty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PTSD - A Psychodynamic Explanation

Disparities in Global Eye Care

Do Contact Lenses Really “Support Your Vision”?